First install

Aug 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I hate to be this guy, and im sorry.. the one who plugged in a kinect for the first time and has only been researching what it can do for about an hour. Im just starting and picked this code as the starting point.

When i installed the PowerPoint.Kinect.AddIn, successful. but where has it installed to? how do i actually launch it.

i have the kinect sdk and studio installed..
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Stushapiro:

I'm afraid that you might be referring to a different project. The Kinect PowerPoint Control project in this site does not use any PowerPoint add-ins nor does it have an installer. There are several others that appear to use add-ins and installers, though. I won't be able to answer your question because I don't know what project you are using and don't own the other projects.

If you are learning about Kinect development, you may be interested in trying out this one, anyway. It is simple and design for beginning developers to learn from easily.
Check out the videos on this blog post for a walkthrough of this project:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/k4wdev/archive/2013/08/12/joshua-blake-on-kinect-and-the-natural-user-interface-revolution-part-1.aspx

Thanks,
Josh
Aug 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Josh!

Thanks mate, i do see what you mean. I think i do need to start a little smaller and lead up to some custom scripting.

thank you for the link, i'll have a look and start there!

much appreciated!