Joint ventures

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Iam creating a add-on for powerpoint that will load before mouse mischief loads and create emulated mouse devices so that mouse mischief presentations can be used but the problem is that mouse mischief presentations are limited to the controls presented.

I will share code for that support with you if you wish. Heres my project which also will work with multipoint when im done with it: http://kinectmultipoint.codeplex.com

Mar 13, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Thanks for the offer but I'm not interested in adding support for multipoint SDK or any input that is GUI/mouse-based. This project is a developer sample meant to demonstrate how to do basic gesture recognition.

Mar 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Edited Mar 15, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Oh well I have a sign language project that will do dynamic gesture recogition too if you wish to help on that either at all. I found out kinecttoolbox project seems to have a more complete api compared to kinectdtw project on codeplex.com. You realize I could call a good amount of the powerpoint objects including flash video too with more code then this control in the first three - four weeks of my project and add a little user gui interface too for ease of use already  but I give you effort for your first project because you didnt know how to use VSTO(visual studio tools for office) or thought it would work well without them but you could have used the VSTO object model which can be called from vb.net and c# easily (I say this having programmed before in vba and so it all looks similar to me).

I would give you 5 out of 5 stars for trying to do something.

P.S. This is supposed to be constructive critisim because im saying that with a little more effort you could have actually made a nice power point control.

Mar 16, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Thanks for the constructive criticism. This project is a code sample meant to be as absolutely simple as possible so that people can learn about how to code simple Kinect gesture recognition without having to wade through a complex codebase. I use this project during various conference presentations and in my book, Natural User Interfaces in .NET. I know it could be more functional by adding more code, using VSTO, etc., but that would undermine the purpose of it being a very very simple code sample. The approach seems to be valid as there have been over 10k downloads since I posted the first version.

If you add PowerPoint support to your project or build a more functional Kinect interface for it, all the better and I'd love to try it out when you do.

Yes, I do know VSTO and have used it in many projects, including a Surface application that lets you view office documents. If you look at my company YouTube channel here http://www.youtube.com/user/infostratcville/featured and scroll down to the 2nd to last video you can see an example of that. I do professional Kinect and NUI development so you can see some of my other work at that link as well.

This wasn't my first project. My first Kinect project was libfreenect, the first open source drivers for Kinect, as founder of the OpenKinect community.

Thanks for asking me to help with your other projects, but unfortunately I already have too many other projects going on right now. Good luck! Sign language recognition is a difficult problem to solve.

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:22 AM

joshB

anyway to add this as .exe for us non-developers that dont have the 'compile' tools ?

Aug 12, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Edited Aug 12, 2013 at 5:18 AM
biglou wrote:
joshB anyway to add this as .exe for us non-developers that dont have the 'compile' tools ?
Thanks for the suggestion. I have now included an .exe in the latest release (v1.2) in the downloads tab.